Manager Job Description
The following type of personality will thrive at High Cotton: Kind, warm, friendly, pays attention to detail (and loves the details!), continually thinks about how to make things better around them, loves order and beauty, high energy, extroverted (or an introvert who can be highly personable), has an eye for decorating, and enjoys hosting parties.
- The manager will be expected to be at the store from 10am until 6pm, Tuesday through Saturday.
- Important: Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to handle cash and follow specific instructions on depositing cash every working day either before or after work.
- Must be technologically savvy enough to comfortably operate a computer, read and write emails with professionalism, and maintain files and documents with precision.
- Must have outrageously excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to comfortably post on social media 1-2 times per day and engage with community on social platforms. Photography, social media outreach, and networking experience are all a huge plus.
- General shopkeeping experience a plus but is not required.
- Other daily duties will include cleaning and organizing the store as needed and ordering supplies as needed.
- Manager will host events throughout the month. Main duties for events will include basic community engagement, preparing the beverages, etc., handling organization and flow.
- The manager will continually keep the vendor database up to date and be in regular, one-on-one communication with the vendors via a weekly email.
- Skills to navigate interpersonal situations a plus.
- Needs to follow instructions with a professional, positive attitude.
- Background check will be required before hiring.
- Compensation is $10/hour with potential room to grow in the future. Insurance not provided.